By William J. Bennett
America, how good have you learnt your history?
• Who quelled a coup d'etat by means of placing on a couple of interpreting glasses?
• Which U.S. senator used to be approximately caned to dying at the Senate ground?
• Which first woman refused to serve alcohol within the White apartment?
• What well-known inventor used to be referred to as to discover the assassin's bullet in President Garfield's again?
• Which winning candidate for president insisted on telling the reality approximately his intercourse scandal?
• Which liked ex-president raced with dying and poverty to put in writing his best-selling memoirs and which recognized stand-up comedian got here to his rescue?
• Which president conscientiously learn the trial notes of 303 condemned Sioux warriors and spared all yet 38 from the hangman's noose?
• Which "four-eyed" destiny president beat up a drunken bully in a saloon?
In his Farewell handle, Ronald Reagan acknowledged if we put out of your mind what we've performed, we'll overlook who we're. This ebook, written by way of certainly one of Reagan's so much dependable lieutenants, responds to Reagan's heartfelt demand an educated patriotism.
We all want to know extra approximately this land we like. during this gripping story of a state, our country's prior comes alive. this is the tale of these we selected to guide us and what they did with the outstanding energy we gave them. sign up for invoice Bennett for the nice experience. America's instructor will lead you on a voyage of discovery.
What others are announcing:
"William J. Bennett artfully and subtly makes connections among our previous and present occasions, reminding us ... that we're in detail and instantly attached to the extreme american citizens who've bestowed upon us our nice heritage.... [T]he significance of the USA: The final most sensible wish most likely exceeds whatever Dr. Bennett has ever written, and it truly is extra elegantly crafted and eminently readable than any finished paintings of historical past I've learn in a long time. It's foolish to match nice works of heritage to nice novels, yet this e-book actually is a page-turner.... organize to have your religion in, desire for, and love of the USA renewed."
-Brad Miner, American Compass
"The function of background is to notify, motivate, and infrequently impress us, that's why invoice Bennett's splendidly readable ebook is so vital. He places our nation's triumphs, in addition to its lapses, into the context of a story in regards to the growth of freedom. at times it's helpful to be reminded that we're a lucky humans, blessed with generations of leaders who time and again renewed the that means of America."
-Walter Isaacson, Benjamin Franklin: An American Life
"For too lengthy americans were searching for a background of our state that tells the tale of America's triumphs in addition to its tragedies. Now invoice Bennett has come ahead with America: The final top Hope, which tells the story-fairly and fully-from 1492 to 1914. american citizens who've been interpreting fresh biographies of the Founding Fathers will love this book."
-Michael Barone, US information & global Report
"Bill Bennett's ebook will stand as possibly an important addition to American scholarship at this, the beginning of the recent century. For the earlier fifty years American historians have both distorted American historical past or diminished it to a large number of uninteresting indictments of our cultural and political history. With this e-book Bennett bargains to americans old and young a thrilling and relaxing heritage of what makes the US the best country on the earth.
-Brian Kennedy, president, The Claremont Institute