By Alice Curtis
Now you could knit SOCKS at the immediately needles you like! Alice Curtis built the strategy, and in Knit Your Socks on Straight she explains precisely tips on how to do it. She additionally includes 20 unique styles that includes a large choice of yarns, motifs from cables to argyle, and directions for quite a lot of sizes. You'll love the gorgeous, cozy, comfortable socks you'll make, and you'll love making them with out double-pointed needles!
Read Online or Download Knit Your Socks on Straight: A New and Inventive Technique with Just Two Needles PDF
Best crafts books
<h2>Make your individual beautiful jewellery and meet new acquaintances within the approach! </h2>
Welcome to a captivating trade, a spot the place encouraged minds meet to mix and switch principles and strategies to create specified appeal bracelets, jewelry, talismans and extra. Your hosts, authors Ruth Rae and Kelly Snelling, have joined forces with a various workforce of gifted contributing artists to carry you fifty five step by step recommendations in 25 inspiring jewellery initiatives. mix the innovations on your personal means, the right way to collaborate with different artists, create items for your self or exchange what you are making with others.
Whether you're new to jewellery making or a professional seasoned, you'll locate lots to motivate you to take your creations to a brand new point. as well as easy jewellery recommendations, you'll learn how to: • connect to different jewellery lovers on-line or on your personal neighborhood and interact to merge kinds and percentage principles and methods.
• observe how effortless it's to include strange components (from gold leaf to animal crackers tins) into your wearable pieces.
• Make your individual ornamental chain hyperlinks, upload rivets to steel, create your individual bounce jewelry and masses more!
permit an enthralling trade assist you connect to like-minded souls and begin making your individual stunning jewellery items today.
For greater than thirty years, Foxfire books have introduced the philosophy of easy dwelling to millions of readers, educating creative-self-sufficiency, the paintings of usual treatments, domestic crafts, and protecting the tales and customs of Appalachia. Inspiring and sensible, this vintage sequence has develop into an American establishment.
Realize the artistic probabilities of resin clay
Imagine with the ability to imitate the glance of infrequent coral, create outsized yet featherweight assertion jewellery, or combine clay with different mediums—all with no firing. The artwork of Resin Clay explores the inventive strength of this fabric, in either air-dry and two-part formulation, and publications you thru every little thing you'll have to get started:
• details on selecting the right form of resin clay, crucial instruments and strategies, and safeguard guidelines
• counsel for blending colours, completing, and including jewellery findings
• 20 tasks masking various artistic techniques
• Galleries of labor by way of influential artists and crafts designers who use this flexible fabric
French steel-cut beads, mother-of-pearl buttons, spools of classic ribbons . . . This beautiful booklet showcases the ornamental bits flea-market hunters dream of. 1000's of pictures exhibit infrequent eu notions from the craft community's so much cherished emporium, Tinsel buying and selling corporation. With those classic baubles as her concept, Kaari Meng stocks tasks that crafters could make with their very own flea-market reveals or with modern fabrics they've got to be had: a button allure bracelet, whimsical petite prize medals, an heirloom-worthy reminiscence e-book, shimmering purses, and extra.
- 1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse: Remake, Restyle, Recycle, Renew (1000 Series)
- Sewing Solutions: Tips and Techniques for the Savvy Sewist
- World of Geekcraft: Step-by-Step Instructions for 25 Super-Cool Craft Projects
- The Paper Boomerang Book: Build Them, Throw Them, and Get Them to Return Every Time
- Ornamental Origami: Exploring 3D Geometric Designs
Additional resources for Knit Your Socks on Straight: A New and Inventive Technique with Just Two Needles
Block Assembly 1. Fold your Dresden Plate pieces in half lengthwise, right sides together, and sew across the wider end of the blade as shown, using a 1/4˝ seam allowance and backstitching on both ends of the seam. Clip the seam allowance of the folded corner to reduce bulk. Fingerpress seam open and turn right side out. Press. Repeat to make 240 Dresden blades. FIGURE 1 1 2. Sew the sides of 20 blades together to form a Dresden Plate. Fuse short pieces of fusible tape onto the outside edges of the wrong side of the plate.
Let those scraps, and the quilt design itself, inspire a fun backing for your piece. Lay out your materials on a design wall, cutting them into strips if necessary, to piece a backing that reflects the personality of the quilt top. This is the perfect time to add a label into the mix as well! Crossroads 31 Holiday Wreaths Finished Blocks: 15˝ × 15˝ Dresden Plates: 13½˝ Finished Quilt: 69˝ × 87˝ Fabrics shown are from Patrick Lose, Monaluna, Piece O’ Cake Designs, and other various neutral collections by Robert Kaufman Fabrics.
3. Piece 3 sashing strips 11/2˝ × 551/2˝. Lay them out between the tree and snowflake rows, as shown in the assembly diagram. Join rows. 4. Piece 2 sashing strips 41/4˝ × 551/2˝ and join to the top and bottom of quilt top. 5. Piece 2 sashing strips 41/4˝ × 72˝ and join to the sides of the quilt top. 6. Piece 2 border strips 21/2˝ × 63˝ and join the top and bottom of the quilt top. Assembly diagram Finishing 1. Divide backing fabric into 2 lengths. Cut 1 piece lengthwise to make 2 narrow panels.